Tree Surgery Costs
Tree surgery costs vary considerably – since every tree is different. Trees vary in size, type, where it is located, proximity to roads or buildings etc.
This is a very rough guide to pricing a fully qualified and insured tree surgeon.
- Tree felling - £250 per tree (This entirely depends on the size of tree, surrounding risks and measures required for safe felling of the tree)
- Crown reduction – £150 per tree
- Garden clearance – £200 per person per day
- Garden clearance - £40 per hour
- Wood Chipper hire – from £150 per day / £450 per week
It is always advisable to get more than one quote and for this a tree surgeon should visit the site of the tree to give an accurate price.
A reputable contractor should be willing to provide a written quotation without any obligation.
The quotation should ideally include the following.
- A clear and full description of the work to be undertaken.
- The total cost of the operation, and whether VAT is included.
- What will happen to the resulting wood debris? (timber and chip)
- Who will be responsible for obtaining permission (if the trees are legally protected in some way)?
- What measures will be taken to ensure that no damage will be caused to persons or property. (Risk Assessment & Method Statement)
Your choice of tree surgeon is very important. Trees which have taken many years to grow can easily be permanently damaged through badly executed operations and non-qualified contractors passing themselves off as tree surgeons. Anyone can call themselves a tree surgeon and place an advert in a trade directory or the local newspaper. Tree felling and tree surgery are skilled operations which require a high level of technical knowledge, supported by training and experience. More information about employing a tree surgeon.
Find Nearest Tree Surgeon
Enter your UK post code and we will show you where your nearest tree surgeons or tree businesses are located.